For TITAS 2018, Formosa Plastic Group takes the theme of “Smart Fashion with Sustainability” for its pavilion to reflect its determination to implement green policy while presenting high-quality, high-tech and high-value textiles.
This year, the The FPG (Formosa Plastic Group) pavilion at TITAS 2018 is a joint exhibition from Formosa Chemicals & Fibre, Formosa Plastics, Nan Ya Plastics and Formosa Taffeta. The pavilion features five image areas – Fashion and Down Feather, Fashion Sportswear, Outdoor Sportswear, Leisure Life Style, and Industrial Materials – all to highlight the group’s latest textile collections and their comprehensive applications. FPG's fiber lines cover polyesters, polypropylene, rayon, elastic, carbon, polyamide, and functional fibers, all serving as materials for Formosa Taffeta to develop into sophisticated fabrics by incorporating advanced including green technologies. Just take a stroll in the FPG Pavilion and you will witness the superior quality and the innovative technologies the Group has strived for.
(Booth No. M120)
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre
Colorful Rayon Fiber Without Pollution
1. PP pellets by FCFC, produced with latest gas-phased processing technologies by Chisso, Japan, feature high crystallinity and narrow molecular weight distribution and are widely applied to fine denier PP multifilament, PP/PE composite staple fiber, and non-woven fabric.
2. High-denier rayons are excellent materials for woolen fabrics. After carbonized, they can be used for insulation for aviation industry with its insulating, sound-proof and biodegradable characteristics.
3. Non-woven rayon fibers can be used for disposable under garments, linings, plastic-based fabrics, and hygiene purposes.
4. Rayon fiber CRAYON® can be used for wipes, garments, lining, and plastic-based fabrics. Heat-resistant high-denier rayon fibers can withstand up to 350 Celsius degrees. Combined with polyester and acrylic fibers the materials are heat-proof, sound-proof and shock-proof.
5. FCFC combines functional synthetic materials to develop high quality spun filaments that are lightweight, fashionable, functional and capable of fulfilling the market needs.
6. Deep dyed FDY can be mixed with other nylons while achieving graded color results with one single coloring process.
7. FCFC has developed 4 health-related functional durable fibers such as nano energy fiber, heating fiber, cooling fiber, and hydrophilic fiber.
8. FCFC also continues with its recycle-nylon products. It works with Formosa Taffeta in developing recycled fabrics as a gesture for its corporate social responsibilities.
Nan Ya Plastics
New Fibers for the Market
1. LuminMax is a luminous fiber with high functional luminous filaments. It is luminous and glows in the dark. Currently, blue and green lights are available.
2.CHROMUCH dope dyed polyester provides excellent color fastness that is higher than grade 4 even after heat process, solving the problem suffered by traditional dyeing process of not being able to sustain the color results
3. CHROMUCH-lux can be used on warp-woven yarns, adding an air of elegance to the silky texture. Combined with nylon for weft weaving and acidic coloring agent, the result is rich and diverse.
4. Comfortable elastic materials:
SPANFIT features special composite technology that gives polyester fiber the outstanding elastic effect. At the same time, more specifications are now developed to provide a dull luster, better elasticity and soft touch texture.
5. ECOGREEN is a polyester made with recycled PET bottles. Now its applications are even more diversified (approximately 99% can be reused).
6. SUNCOOL is a filament yarn with UVcut function by infusing a special UV absorbent agent into the material.
7. Contrary to other antibacterial polyesters that cannot be colored, TOPFRESH is dyeable and maintains excellent antibacterial functions. Test show its antibacterial function against Staphylococcus Aureus and black mildews. Moreover, there is no odor after sports activities. The antibacterial feature remains outstanding after 50 washes.
1. Tairyfil carbon fiber is a carbonized filament series that has good conductivity and is stronger than steel, lighter than aluminum, and acid and alkali resistant. Its wide applications include sports goods, wind turbine blades, automobile, aircraft, vessel, CNG tank, cable core and construction reinforcement. With an annual capacity of 8,750 tons, FPC offers Tairyfil with a full range of specifications including filament tow from 1.5K to 48K, and tensile modulus from normal to high.
2. FPC imported Spandex production technologies from Asahi Kasei with its ROICA@ elastic fiber. Spandex is also called “PU Spandex”, has high elasticity and contraction as rubber, while its strength and elongation, friction strength, embrittlement resistance, and chemical resistance are superior to rubber. There are not many manufacturers that combine elastic fibers (5-20%) with other fibers in the market. Elastic fibers bring structural changes to the textiles, thereby they have wide applications, including garments, undergarments, laces, socks, home textiles or medical textiles.
Formosa Taffeta: High quality smart clothing and functional textiles
1. SMART CLOTHING incorporates high-tech textiles with bluetooth mobile applications and steps up on wearable technology. Current settings include temperature control and LED color display–features that are safe and appealing. It is also available for customization. SMART CLOTHING can be used in entertainment as well as healthcare as well as other possibilities.
2. FTC's 7-15D ultra lightweight fabric series made in nylon or polyesters deliver water repelling, water proof, wind breaking, down proof, and silicon-coated waterproof functions. These are excellent materials for windbreakers, down jackets and sleeping bags.
3. Lyocell is a form of long rayon made with recycled cellulose fibers that has silky luster, soft touch, excellent drape, and cooling effect. These fibers are made in petroleum-free solutions since its cellulose fibers can be biodegradable.
4. Econyl is a form of marine recycled nylon that is developed by AQUAFILL from Italy. Contrary to other recycled nylons that are made from industrial wastes, this new-generation recycled nylon is made from a range of post-consumer waste including abandoned fishing nets, carpets and rigid textiles.
5. AQUAOFF* Pigment Print is the latest products from waterless processes. No dyeing auxiliary is needed, it is an excellent solution that saves water, energy, and eco-friendly with less carbon emission.
6. Permacool™ & Air leaking / Permacool® incorporate special cooling fibers, structural design and sophisticated finishing technologies (Q-max) for a quick cooling effect up to 0.17W/m2. The fabric rapidly absorbs water and dries quickly, thereby has excellent cooling, comfortable, and ventilation functions.
7. BOOMTEX® is a high value-added fabric that reuses polyesters, cationic dyeable fiber, and eco-friendly nylon fabrics with Formosa Taffeta’s special finishing treatments such as PFOA/PFOS Free water-repellent, moisture adhesive technologies.
8. FormosaTaffeta combines functional yarn BODYTEK® with various fiber materials in developing a wide selection of high value yarns. These yarns offer diverse applications including healthcare, environmental, functional and protective uses.